If you are looking for a high end look for your roof that is also environmentally friendly check out slate roofs! Slate roofs definitely have more pros than cons, and just may be worth the money.
Slate Roof Pros
- Slate roofs can last well past 100 years
- Come in a multitude of color options
- Don’t have to worry about mold or fungus,and very durable…practically maintenance free!
- Non combustible material
- Increases resale value to your home
Slate Roof Cons
- Very expensive and if a tile breaks very hard to replace due to not all tiles are the same
- Slate is very heavy so you have to make sure your home has the structural support, and if it doesn’t that is an added cost to having this roof