Benefits of Choosing Architectural Shingles Over 3-Tab.
- Architectural shingles are typically sturdier and heavier, than 3-tab shingles, due to the three-dimensional texture built into them, which allows them to withstand hail impact and storm damage more efficiently.
- Architectural roofs, due to the nature of their durability, can withstand wind much better than 3-tab shingles.
- Typically, architectural roofs are able to withstand up to 120 mph winds. 3-tab shingles are typically only able to withstand winds of up to 80 mph, which shows how much better equipped architectural roofs are to withstand storm damage and hail impact.
- Architectural shingles are designed to give your roof a more expensive look, than the flat and simple look of 3-tab roofs.
- Architectural shingles are able to give your roof a three-dimensional appearance due to the slightly different shapes and sizes of the shingles.
- Architectural shingles offer a larger variety of color than 3-tab shingles.
- Architectural roofs pay for themselves over time, due to the longevity of the shingles.
- Architectural roofs require less maintenance and are less often required to be replaced than 3-Tab shingles.
- Architectural roofs can also increase the value of your home!