When you find yourself ready to buy a house it is important to get a house inspection. Keep in mind not all home inspectors inspect the roof thoroughly. A roof inspection is important also, because you don’t want to move in and realize you have a damaged roof. Here are just a few things to look in a roof…
- Step back to get a good look of the roof. Look for any folds, worn spots, or missing shingles.
- Talk to the current homeowners to get the age of the roof
- Look for mold and water maks on the ceiling and the walls for it could be a sign of a leak.
- Check all downspouts…make sure they are releasing into storm water wells, and check for previous flooding around the house.
- Check for obvious leak spots.
Always have a professional drone inspection for the roof, and get any repairs done before you purchase the home!