When homeowners think about their roofs it is likely they do not think about specific materials on the roof and the importance of the material. One extremely important piece of roofing material that all homeowners should understand is flashing and why it is important
- Flashing is a thin layer of waterproof material.
- It is designed with one main purpose in mind, which is to keep water from getting into places it does not belong. Flashing is meant to carry the water over certain crevices so it does not get into unwanted areas.
- It is extremely important to ensure that flashing is properly installed. Flashing must be installed in a way that seems do not face uphill.
- It is also important to not substitute caulk for flashing. Caulk is possibly okay for extremely small gaps, but nothing more than that.
- It is also important to consider the flashing work a roofing company does before considering a roofing company.
- Here at Northpoint Roofing Systems our skilled crews always completely reflash the roofs that we install. The homeowner never has to worry about the needed flashing not being present, and since we have skilled crews, the homeowner does not have to worry about the flashing being installed improperly.
If you are considering getting your roof replaced and want a roofing company that does not cut corners and has skilled work crews who know exactly what they are doing when replacing a roof call Northpoint Roofing Systems today! We would be happy to set you up for a free drone inspection and roof appointment and start the process of getting your roof installed.